Artists and creative community members are encouraged to submit proposals of site-specific artwork for the 2020 Art on the Trails outdoor exhibition, Rising Up. The exhibition will be installed in the Beals Preserve, Southborough, Massachusetts from June 11 – September 20, 2020. Our juror selection will be announced soon.
THEME: RISING UP
“OUR GREATEST GLORY IS NOT IN NEVER FAILING, BUT RISING UP EVERY TIME WE FAIL” RALPH WALDO EMERSON
As we move through our lives, in our communities, in our world, we are challenged. How do we face those challenges and move forward with courage? Artists responding to this theme are asked to consider this question and respond with proposals that answer the question or demonstrate the rising of the human spirit.
Guidelines for Submissions
- Artists may submit existing work or a proposal for site-specific work.
- Multiple entries are welcome and encouraged.
- Artists are encouraged to visit Beals Preserve on their own prior to submitting OR request a private tour by emailing email@example.com.
- You may identify a location for your work if you choose. The final siting of the work is at the discretion of the juror. View a map of Beals Preserve.
- Please indicate if work requires support or suspension in the landscape and your proposed method for achieving this.
- All work will be considered based on quality of materials and ability to implement proposed work.
- This is a Leave No Trace exhibit; from installation to dismantling, nature must be left intact and all materials brought to the site must be removed at the end of the show.
- Work does not need to be for sale, however, SOLF requests a 25% donation on any works sold in the exhibit.
- By submitting a proposal, artists acknowledge Southborough Open Land Foundation assumes no liability for artwork on the property during the exhibition.
- The selected artists will be notified by May 10, 2020 via email.
- Please contact Catherine Weber, firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.