The call for poetry is closed for 2022. Stay tuned for details for the 2023 program, which will begin in June when we will invite poets to join us for a walk through Beals Preserve, where you will find art installations from local and regional artists. Experience the art and then respond to it in a poem. The top 25 poems submitted will be published in the seventh edition of Art on The Trails, due out in September 2023.
How it works:
- Visit Beals Preserve, see the installations, and be inspired by their work. A guide to the art will be posted and available here after installation.
- If you can not visit the Preserve, you can also view videos by the artists our our Instagram account (www.instagram.com/artonthetrails)
- Free guided walks will be offered through the month of July.
- Write ekphrastic poetry, which is written specifically about or inspired by the installations in this exhibition.
- Poetry Submissions will be accepted from June through July, 2023
The top 25 poems will be sent to our final judge.